My blog has moved!More great writing content added every day!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.writer-in-progress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Oh, wait, I meant....

I meant that I sent two queries today. Not really queries, but responses to ads posted on a freelancer's email loop. You know, the kind where you have to send your writer's resume and clips? Man...that resume was a killer (I hate resume writing) but it's nice to have it in the hip pocket to shoot out there at a moment's notice.

I just finished sending out my first letters of interest. You know what those are, right? Where you basically write a self-sales letter to a publisher mentioned your interest in writing for them, include a resume (aha! it strikes again!) and a clip or two. I actually included a link to my online portfolio instead of attaching stuff. You never know if it'll get through or not...

Have you ever sent LOIs? I haven't. Heck, I hadn't heard of 'em til a few weeks ago, but thought it was worth a shot. My ultimate freelance dream is to have editors call me with article ideas they want me to write (and the other part of that dream is to have them offer me six figs for it LOL), so maybe this is a step in the right direction.

One more last question: I'm working on an article on how to write more descriptively and for all you fiction writers in the crowd, what kinds of questions do you have about writing more descriptively? What problems do you face? I have an idea of how I want to approach the content but it's always nice to have the ideas of others in mind. Post a reply here or zip me an email at: blog@bethmorrow.com and let me know.