My blog has moved!More great writing content added every day!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.writer-in-progress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

For you sports lovers in the crowd (...I digress...)

Only here for the writing posts? Be warned this one has nothing to do with writing and everything to do with shameless self-promo...

I'm always up for my 15 minutes of fame, and if you listen to ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike from 6-10am each morning, I got 15 seconds of it there this morning.

If you know me, I'm a sports addict and have an opinion on almost any and everything in the sports world, most notably the best looking athletes in professional sports. No sport is safe from my assessments. (Maybe bowling...). Anyway, the discussion this morning centered on the number of Derek Jeter's past girlfriends who've been named to the Maxim Hot 100 (6 total, if you're interested). Greeny didn't like the question posed by the Gnome--(this one was for guys):if you could trade places with Jeter, Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, or Tom Brady, who would you trade with?

I didn't like it either. It didn't take into account the woman's perspective! I zipped off an email telling Greeny & Golic that from a woman's perspective, the question should instead be ...which athlete would a woman rather be with...and that since I was a Buckeye fan, I wouldn't be with Tom Brady, since I'm an Indians fan, I wouldn't be with Jeter, since I'm a Cavaliers fan, I couldn't be with Kobe, so that meant I'd have to take Tiger...who does handle a driver better than my hubby (very true..lol).

Greeny read it on the air and both of them got quite a laugh out of it. Greeny made the misassumption that I'm from Cleveland, so I had to contradict that with another email.

After they read the letter (and even my name), my son excitedly called me (he and the hub were on the way to school) and laughed his head off about how cool it was (he was listening in the car; I was on my way out the door to work). Just goes to show you that a bit of quick sarcasm can be quite fun!

Ah, well. Back to normalcy...(does that count as a query submission? LOL)