I've been on a roll this week. I think I made myself take myself seriously (if you followed that) and am now on a mission to query as much as possible.
Tuesday I sent out two queries. Nothing back.
Today I sent out one query. Obviously nothing back.
I still have 15 LOIs to send out by the end of this week as my personal challenge.
I did pick up a little something interesting. I volunteer at the local diabetes association and mentioned to the executive director some time back that if they ever wanted writing help to call me. One of the directors emailed yesterday and asked to help on some marketing materials, so I'm going in to talk about that on Friday. Very cool. I know some writers scream bloody murder about doing work for free, but this is my way of using my talent to help something I care passionately about.
Oh, and to make someone (a friend and regular blog reader) happy, I've promised to re-visit a comment from the other day: I am a real writer, no matter how cruddy I feel on any given day about the fact that I don't (yet) rule the writing world. I actually made the comment jokingly (you remember in Shrek--I forget which one--where Gingy turns into a boy and says "I'm a real boy!"--well, that's the tone of voice I typed "I'm a real writer" in, even if you couldn't hear it.) (so are you happy, T?)
Off to work out and do a little meditation, then back at the queries. Maybe I can get those LOIs off tonight....or at least make a dent in the list...
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
Another day, another query
Posted by Beth at Wednesday, May 07, 2008
