My blog has moved!More great writing content added every day!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.writer-in-progress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Freelance-Zone.com: Another Great Writing Blog (and not just because they mentioned me)

Ok, you're right. I should be working on the final edit for the business article...since it is due tomorrow. All I have to do is clean it up, so no worries. Geez. You're as bad as mom. (Ok, maybe not *that* bad...) (I'm kidding, mom!)

Instead, I'm running amok online, engrossed in my favorite internet past time: reading the blogs of other writers. Lord, we're all so much alike it's almost scary. (Actually, it's quite comforting).

You'll never guess what I found! A post about me and my writing blog! Crazy, huh? Joe Wallace, the intrepid author of the Freelance-Zone.com blog not only mentioned Writer In Progress, but gave us quite a nice post. I sure wasn't expecting that. In fact, when I pulled down his recent posts in my Firefox reader and saw "Writer In Progress" I worried someone was stealing my identity ...lol.

Anyways, the post gave me an unexpected boost. I have admired Joe's blog for some time, always look forward to reading and know that I'll find something new that will either have me thinking or acting toward a writing goal. I really like his take on all things writing and editing, and especially admire his ability to call things as he sees is instead of trying to sound all nice (it's a curse I cannot break. I wish I could bring myself to use "idiots", "WTF", "bastards" and "dolts" in my writing observations). Maybe I can work on that....

You really should stop over and check out his recent "Confessions of an Editor" series to understand just how ridiculous (unprofessional and wannabe) writers can be. Don't worry, we won't expect you back in time for dinner. Wander the halls and poke around the corners--I guarantee you'll find all kinds of great stuff over there.