I went to a meeting this morning and the speaker presented an interesting thought (this was on the topic of losing weight, but I'm always thinking writing):
What if you did just 10% more in addition to what you're already doing? How would that change your results?
Pretty easy in terms of weight loss. I walk an hour a day and do about 20 minutes of weightlifting a day, of some sort, so those numbers are simple.
But what about writing? If it were you, how would that translate? Here are some thoughts: (bear with me if the math is off. We all know I truly suck. I'm trying hard LOL)
--one additional query for each ten you send out
--ten additional minutes of brainstorming or writing for every hour that you spend
--five additional pages edited for every 50 (or however many you may edit at a time)
--one more reprint market approached for every ten
I kept it simple, mostly because to do percents, I have to keep the numbers small (lol), but I really am thinking of how 10% more (per day) spent on my writing would be the most well-spent. So many possibilities.
How about you? If you chose to give 10% more to your writing, where would you add it and why? I'd love to hear....
Admin Question:
2 weeks ago
