Truthfully, I didn't intend to post a resource but this one is way too good and on a topic so near and dear to me that I can't resist.
I was just catching up at Martha Alderson's blog, Plot Whisperer for a bit of pre-typing inspiration. If you were a reader of Fountain Pen, Inc, you may recall my mentioning how much I liked her Blockbuster Plots, Pure and Simple book:
Her insight helped me realize that my own fiction writing style...a little plotter, a little pantser...is OK and not something I need to worry about "fixing".
Anyway...imagine my happiness to find she's added a quiz to her blog to help determine if you're a pantser or plotter! I think it's the teacher in me that loves, loves, loves worksheets and anything designed to get stuff out of my head and onto paper, so this is great stuff. Even though I know what I am (besides slightly crazy), I'm going to spend some time with the quiz in the near future (read: after this nonfiction book is done!).
Martha Alderson's Test: Are You a Character-Driven Writer or A Dramatic Action Driven Writer?
In the meantime, go check it out for yourself and let me know: what are you? A pantser? A plotter? A little from column a...a little from column b...? I'd love to find out! Add a comment and let's see how many pantsers and plotters we have among us.
Happy pantsing and/or plotting,
Beth
Sunday, February 03, 2008
OK, so I lied about posting....
Posted by Beth at Sunday, February 03, 2008
