I had the pleasure of attending an Alicia Rasley workshop a few years ago and came away with one overriding impression: I would never, ever miss another chance to attend any of her workshops or presentations on any topic. She could talk about how to incorporate turtles into the hero's journey and I'd be there.
Alicia is gifted in that she understands story in a way that's deep, meaningful and beyond the page--yet she has the ability to translate that to all of us through interactive workshops, books and that treasure trove of articles I've read a million times on her site.
Today's little gem is advice on the details of character motivation in your story. If you haven't thought through the creation of your characters to know how and what motivates them, run over to her site and start reading immediately.
Character Motivation by Alicia Rasley.
No turtles, I promise. Only good, solid, insightful advice no romance writer should be without.
Happy turtle-free writing,
Beth
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
January 5th: Character Motivation by Alicia Rasley
Posted by Beth at Tuesday, February 05, 2008
