My blog has moved!More great writing content added every day!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.writer-in-progress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Busier than A-Rod's attorney

Sorry for the sports reference but my brain is almost mush at this point. What a busy day.

Not complaining--this is part of the reason writing is so much fun. Started the day by sending out the interview/questionnaire requests, then moved on to checking email, only to find I've been asked to guest blog in two new places (how cool is that?!) (details after they're hashed out). Had a morning meeting then a one o'clock phone interview. Yeah, the one I was dreading. Not out of fear but unfamiliarity. I've never talked with a PR person before (in terms of an article), but I had nothing to worry about.

It was a blast! I learned some absolutely fascinating health stuff that will not only flesh out this article (due next week), but gave me some GREAT ideas for a query or two to some big-name markets...ones I've been trying to get into for quite some time. Fingers crossed...

From there, I sent out more questionnaires, worked on a column and played with a few blog widgets. With dinner came another amazing query idea I'm itching to send out to the same big-namers above. Maybe I'll save that one so that when the rejection comes from the first, I can whip out another fab idea. Did some camp planning (soooo close to camp....), and am about to settle in and crank out a minimum three pages on the fiction WIP. I'm also taking part in my local RWA chapter's Power Draft this week, in which I pledged to finish chapter one of the fiction WIP. I'm 1/3 done, so I've got work to do.

Amazingly, I'm not tired yet, and I've been up since 6. Must be that good writing karma.....