In my blog calendar for the year, I wanted to get caught up on posts I'd planned to share, and this brings me up to date (are you happy now?!)
This, actually, is one of the best articles I've ever read on how to become a disciplined writer (or, as my friend Stephanie says..BICHOK..butt in chair, hands on keyboard).
Dan doesn't just TELL you how to be disciplined, he SHOWS you. For those of you (like me) who enjoy workbook-type activities and learning by doing, Dan's got some brilliant stuff here.
The only thing I'd add is that signing a contract to write a 65K word book in less than three months over the holidays is also a way to become a disciplined writer. With Dan's method, however, you'll have some hair left on your head when the process is in place :)
Developing Discipline by Dan Perez
Happy disciplining (hmmm...sounds like a title for one of my erotica-writing friends...lol),
Beth
PS: How about disciplining yourself right now to entering the January contest? Yeah, more self-serving advertising but you really want to win Eric's book! I promise!
Monday, January 21, 2008
January 21st, part 2: Developing Discipline by Dan Perez
Posted by Beth at Monday, January 21, 2008
Labels:
discipline
