Finished the second draft last night of the article due Feb. 5th. For all intents and purposes it's complete--my second drafts are for adding quotes, transitions, making sure all names and author information is correct. Yesterday I received responses from two more fiction/freelance authors, so I added in a quote from each. I think it's 98% done. Just need that fine-toothed editing comb to tighten and activate my words...the funnest part of writing. (Yeah, I know. I'm allowed to use "funnest").
Even cooler is that, unlike every day of my past three years, I don't have to put my writing on a shelf to get back to the grad research--I get to write again! Next up is a short (comparatively, anyway--1500 vs. 3000 words) article on female spies in the Civil War. Due Feb. 15th. I could really dig this freelance writing stuff...learning about things I didn't know existed.
And speaking of fiction, still awaiting editorial word if the short short was accepted. We'll see.
Beth
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Draft #2
Posted by Beth at Tuesday, January 30, 2007
